DAME PHILIPPA BAYLISSBorn Kilkenny 1940. Privately educated. Lived in Ireland, England, Sri Lanka, U.S.A., Vienna, France, Mexico and Sicily.
1961 – 1965: Formal training as a painter at The Byam Shaw School of painting, London. Studied under Bernard Dunstan, Maurice de Sausmarez, Peter Greenham and Marc Vaux; Jane Dowling for printmaking.
Received Byam Shaw open scholarship, Leverhulme Bursary and Major County Award, L.C.C.
National Diploma in Design.
1967: Returned to Ireland, was first curator of Castletown House. Married and had three sons.
1972: Moved to Ardclough and returned to full time painting.
1976: 1st Solo exhibition at the Neptune Gallery.
1999: Visited Mexico.
2001: Visited Mexico for a second time.
Solo Exhibitions include
- The Image Gallery, Dublin
- Kennedy Gallery, Dublin
- The Blenheim Gallery, Notting Hill Gate, London
- The Gallery of Interior Design, New York
- The Origin Gallery, Dublin
- The Bank of Ireland, Foster Place (1999)
- Kilcock Art Gallery (2001)
- Origin Gallery (2003)
- Cockleshell (2006)
Group Exhibitions include
- Royal Academy London
- R.H.A., Dublin
- Kilcock Art Gallery
- Grafton Gallery
- The Solomon Gallery
- Tuckmills Gallery
- Newtownbarry House Gallery
- Bank of Ireland
- A.I.B. Group
- The Butler Gallery
- The Mater Private Hospital
- St Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin
- Also represented in private collections worldwide
- Member of the Artists Association of Ireland